Paranoia, self-doubt and low self-esteem are some the most difficult thought processes to correct. They play a significant role in ones chances to achieve success and in living a happy life. It seems for the most part the roadblocks to happiness stem from one troublesome root. That root cause appears to be fear, fear of failure, rejection and the fear of not being able to be in control. Fear seems to control so much of our decision-making that it controls a part if not all of our life. Though fear has its place in one’s life it is not supposed to control our life. Fear is a lot like a wild dog, once it is in the chicken coop it will keep killing the chickens until it gets tamed. Just like the wild dog, fear is something we all need to learn how to tame. Because if we allow fear to run wild it will kill our hopes and dreams before they have a chance to materialize as possible realities.
The fears we all have to face seem to be deep-rooted and they had their beginnings far in our youthful past. The worst of them usually come from our childhood and teen years. The only way I know to face such fears is to discover the time and place of origin. If we can discover the original source then we can find a way to overcome the fears hold on us.
“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt
In a nut shell the only way to conquer or tame your fears is to discover their root and face them head on. Once you do overcome your fears then you are on the path to becoming your true self and will be able to live to your full potential.
Just some random thoughts on fear
- "See Your fear a door" (rosette1214.wordpress.com)
- Daily Quotes (mmaikers.wordpress.com)
- We can not allow fear to be what leads us into the future. (onelifetimeblog.com)
- We can not allow fear to be what leads us into the future. (transientreflections.com)
- Fear Is A Defeatable Enemy (bigsexymedia.com)
- Questions and Actions [Set 2.1] (metanoiete.wordpress.com)
- Are You There (your name)? It’s Me Fear. (shareyourlovestory.wordpress.com)
- Eleanor Roosevelt (time.com)
- Minimalism and Happiness (dimitrisnowden.wordpress.com)
- On the Myopia of Low Self Esteem – Coming to Accept Ourselves as God Has Made Us (adw.org)