Two of the many Keys to living a happy life is both passion and compassion. The kind of passion I am referring to is the passion for life and or being passionate in everything you do. With out passion to drive us forward in life we would become quite stagnant spiritually and psychologically. Then there is good old compassion, the virtue of empathy and sympathy for others. To care for your fellow human beings and offer them a hand up in life. The main goal of being compassionate to others is to help others through a crises or help them up from their present condition to a better one. The difference between compassion and being charitable is being charitable is the giving of money or goods only when showing compassion would do both the giving and teaching the one in need how to either avoid the same situation or how to elevate themselves out of the hole they are in. To feed the hungry is good, but to teach them how to grow their own food and or help them find a source of income in order to feed themselves is much better. First treat the symptoms (lack of food, housing, clothing etc.) then fix the cause (lack of adequate income) so the symptoms will not return. Be passionately compassionate and treat not only the symptoms but cure the disease / cause.
Well that is all for today,
So may you be passionate in life and compassionate in heart.
- Compassion vs. Daily Dilemmas (skyscraperyoga.wordpress.com)
- The Heart of Compassion (belasbrightideas.wordpress.com)
- The Compassionate Global Community (chaikadai.wordpress.com)
- Compassionate care is a crucial component of care (kevinmd.com)
- Cultivating Compassion by Gil Fronsdal (bayintegratedmarketing.wordpress.com)
- Christ Birth – Christmas (chiragdhakaan.wordpress.com)
- Teaching Compassion to Kids (psychologytoday.com)
- Thankful (gadberry.wordpress.com)