Fear, one of the greatest enemies to civilization and to our happiness is way too commonplace in the modern world. You would think with all the technology and advances in the sciences we would be a more secure and less fearful world. Fear is one of the devils favorite weapons because it creates doubt in god and his word. Though fear itself can not destroy the word of god it can make some to doubt it as well as create a lifetime of worry. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” ~ 2 Timothy 1:7 That verse sums it up, we should not give into fear for it is not the spirit that god gave us. We should surrender the fear to god and keep faith. For fear keeps one from having a sound mind and it saps their power by keeping doubt in the front of their mind. It can be a great obstacle to moving forward or doing the works god desires for you. Through fear you can become deceived, you can be led to believe you can not accomplish what either you or God has planned for you to do.
Remember the story of David and Goliath, All the grown soldiers were shaking in their boots and were surrendering to their fear and any of them would have failed to defeat Goliath. But David with his faith in god and with courage (not fear) was able to take on the giant Goliath and slay him. This proves fear in the end is both a weakening force and an obstruction to ones true potential. Face your fear with faith and give it to God, keep faith and go out and do gods will. And we should know that fear is not what God wants for his children…
- My faith and Your faith- part 2. (kingspeech.wordpress.com)
- A sound mind (walkingwithwomenintheword.wordpress.com)
- Have Faith in God (godisnear.wordpress.com)
- 52 Weeks 52 Verses: Giving into Fear (organicshoes.wordpress.com)
- Coping with fear (theangelzone.wordpress.com)
- Could It Be You? (walkingonwaterwithgrace.org)
- Whose Armour Do You Wear? (lbbfchurch.wordpress.com)
- Fear vs. Faith (yada2know.wordpress.com)
I have noticed that most people tend to find it easy to point out the faults and shortcomings of others. The funny part most of the time the faults they point out in others they usually have themselves. I guess as a humans we tend to hate characteristics in others that we despise or fear of having within ourselves. To be perfectly honest, I believe the only one we have the right to judge or criticize is our own selves. We are far from perfect and fall short of the glory of god as much as the next person and all sin is equal except for blaspheme of the holy spirit. So no sinner is greater or lesser than the next and all can be saved and forgiven. Point is we are all equal in having faults and shortcomings so why bother pointing out the obvious in others when we should tend to our own. If you insist on judging others just remember that the way you judge others is the way you will be judged. So judge with compassion and understanding as well as with a forgiving heart so you too will receive the same mercy. If we would only focus more on the light within each other instead of the shadows and dark spots we would be a far better species and a much happier world. I guess I am nothing but a dreamer with an optimistic view. Just one of my shortcomings I guess, but its one I tend to like within myself.
Do not hesitate to express your love to others and fear not rejection for it isn’t as bad as loneliness.
- Judgement (velindapeyton.com)
- Perception is indeed reality. (almostfinishedproject.blogspot.com)
- Avoiding the "violence" of judgement (victorschueller.wordpress.com)
- Writers Rules – #4 Accepting Judgement (shelfpublishing.wordpress.com)
- The Judgement. (stanfordgirlusa.wordpress.com)
- Judging Others . . . (adlezirb.wordpress.com)
- Discoveries of Yourself Pt.2 : How to be Less Judgemental (learningtoexhale.wordpress.com)
- Be Curious, Not Judgemental (doradomo.wordpress.com)
- Judgement, Expectation and Erykah Badu… (assistdirect.wordpress.com)
- On Being Judgemental (generationconfiguration.wordpress.com)
- The Blasphemer…Vic’s Review (asidefromwriting.wordpress.com)
- My Place In Life (lifescompass.wordpress.com)
- Move along…Nothing to See Here (benonigoose.wordpress.com)
- Things I’ve Learned the Past Year (A Birthday Blog) (strawberrylivelife.wordpress.com)
- Struggling (obediencewithgrace.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Find Fault (brokenbelievers.com)
- Guilty…OR NOT? (simplyyblogging.wordpress.com)
- Judgemental? Not me. (shiftzhappen.wordpress.com)
- Feb. 29, 2012 – A Day at a Time (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- How to Eat Crow the RIGHT Way (changedbychange.com)
- Feb. 2, 2012 – A Day at a Time (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
I am but a fool, to claim otherwise is to mislead myself as well as others. I am a thinker and therefore I look at things logically but I am also a dreamer so I can see things in the abstract. I strive for balance but rarely do I ever achieve it. I loath negative confrontation though I seem to find myself facing such more than I like. I desire to be secure and self-assured but walk through life doubting myself and those around me. I try to see the best in everyone but usually I receive their worst. I try to be caring and compassionate but I find that I must fight hard to remain so. I am optimistic but yet I am also a realist with some doubts. I am far from perfect and I will admit that to anyone whom I meet. I love to talk and work hard at being one who likes to listen. I know of no one who I truly hate and forgiveness is something I give sometimes too easily. I am a creative thinker and writer as well as a lover of all arts. I can come off somewhat cold at times but I am nothing but a big softy. I pay too much attention to what others think about me and not enough to what I think about myself. I am a fool who seeks truth, wisdom and some kind of order in this chaotic world.
Just Me, right or wrong, take it or leave it. That’s that.
Why does is seem we have a tendency as humans to make things seem more complicated than they really are. We dissect every situation, emotion and experience only to overlook the simple truths that could be seen by looking at it in whole. Sometime an apple is just an apple and an orange isn’t a melon. Yeah sure sometimes there is hidden meanings in things but most of the time things are what they are and you don’t have t dissect it to see that. All the wasted energy and the stress created by the frustration of not finding the non-existent hidden meaning only distracts us from the truth we seek. Sometimes I don’t even think we even know what it is we are searching for and other times I think we are just so wrapped up in the process to see its unnecessary.
In relationships we tend to do this when the relationship fails, we tear apart every memory and emotion trying to find out what went wrong. Sometimes relationships die and other times there wasn’t a real relationship there to start with. A lot of times it was more of a physical attraction and not love that brought the people together and physical attraction is fickle and can disappear almost as fast as it appeared. To be honest who really cares who is to blame or why it happened, it happened and that is the end of it. Move on and find a new relation to be in and hope it isn’t just one based on physical attraction alone.
If you try to dissect every situation and become obsessed with finding the hidden meaning or reason you are only letting situation distract you from what is important. Life is way to short to make everything in it complicated or to meditate on every situation you are in. There are always situations that are complicated and need to be dissected to find the truth but they are far and few in-between. Life is simpler than we perceive it to be, and the true trick to being happy in life is t keep it as simple as possible.
“Simple Simon may have been a simple man but he also was a happy and content man.”