What do we really want out of life? Do possessions and financial security bring us happiness or peace of mind? Is happiness something one can buy or is it something we can find within for free? Do others control our happiness or our moods or do we just simply allow them to do so? Thoughts to ponder on and many answers can come out of those questions. Personally all I want out of life is to live long, be happy and to be loved by family and friends. All the possessions I have I do enjoy but do not see as true source of happiness nor does having a lot of money. Sure being financially secure does at least make it easier for someone to be happy because of less stress but it does not bring happiness on its own. Our mood is solely under our control, how others can effect it is when we allow them to have the power to do so. We choose to let a situation or the words and actions of others to change our emotional state.
Most of us are not skilled in controlling our emotions consciously and therefore we do suffer a lot from outside influences. But once we learn to regain control of our emotions consciously then no one can directly affect how we feel. We don’t want to suppress out emotions for doing so can cause problems both physically and mentally. We just need to change how we react to the negative situation and channel the emotions that seep through into a more positive reaction. For those of us that are overly emotional and sensitive we need to toughen up and try not to take everything so seriously. Some emotions are good when they come bursting out , like love, compassion and joy / happiness. Anger is one we must learn to control and channel into more of a positive and/or constructive reaction. I find writing in a journal or writing a blog is quite therapeutic and gives you a positive way to release those negative emotions. Of course if you’re blogging make sure you keep it inoffensive .
The path you walk is the path you chose, The life you live is the life you have created. The path you walk can always be changed and the life you live is forever changing with each choice and thought you have.
- How to Conquer Negative Emotions and Take Action Now (Guest Post by Cynthia Hule of GangyBuffet) (healthdemystified.wordpress.com)
- The Complete Guide to Understanding Your Emotions (psychologytoday.com)
- How to Manage Your Emotions in the Workplace (money.usnews.com)
- Recognize that you are only Awareness #3 (hanumandass.wordpress.com)
- Is your Resistance Killing You? (trueconsciousness.net)
- Emotional Influence (messerwerferin.wordpress.com)
- Feeling What You’re Feeling (thetruthwarrior.wordpress.com)
- Hitchcock’s Secret to Happiness (antiworldnews.wordpress.com)
- 5 Tips on Maintaining Positive Emotions and Thoughts (violetabocage.wordpress.com)
- Daily IN-spiration * * * May 26th (revsandy.wordpress.com)