With Christmas right around the corner and the economy still in an unstable state seems we worry more about the finances than the family. So what you may not be able to buy the newest game system, tablet or any other high dollar gift, it isn’t about the cost of the gift nor is it important to try to keep up with the neighbors. When I was growing up there was no worrying about if I got a gift just like the neighbor kids, we were just happy to get something and to be with family. Nowadays seems Christmas gifts have to be several hundred dollars or even thousands at times, the spirit of Christmas is more about the presents for the kids today than God, Jesus or even the family. I feel we all have lost focus on the reason for the season. I don’t blame the parents, they just want their children to have the best and all the things we didn’t have as children. The cost of presents means little, it is the focus on the family and the celebration of the birth of our savior that really needs to be rekindled in our hearts.
Well hope all of you have a happy holiday season, Merry Christmas and even a happy new year.
- Rekindle The Season (simplyphenomenal.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Image Of Life: Rekindle The Joy (thismansjourney.net)
- Wonder: Advent Anticipation (everydayawe.com)
- Weekly Image of Life: Rekindle the Joy (thewishfactor.wordpress.com)
- What to Write in your 1:1 Holiday Cards (cardstore.com)
- The greatest gift one can get (onelifetimeblog.com)
- Finding the Cure for A Charlie Brown Christmyth (jayfnelson.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Gift (poemsandponderings.wordpress.com)
- MORNING PAGES: Christmas Magic (cowpasturechronicles.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Image Of Life: Happy Holidays (thismansjourney.net)