Sometimes we say things in jest, sometimes we may think we are being funny but we are being hurtful. The words we speak can do such good and can also do so much harm. Once you hurt someone through your words it takes a lot of effort and time to make things right again. So I say be careful and watchful of your words and remember what may be a joke or what you say in jest can be misinterpreted and/ or taken wrong. It is better not to joke around and jest in a negative way for eventually someone will take it too far or get hurt.
Just some words to the wise from someone who has been on both sides of the negative jesting and has experienced both the hurt and accidentally hurt others. Sorry I am for the mistake of not seeing the harm it could do or remembering my experiences with the pain it can cause.
Peace to all
- Report: Taylor Swift touchy over love life jokes, accepts Michael J. Fox’s apology (foxnews.com)
- Jamie Foxx Calls President Obama ‘Our Lord and Savior’ – Critics Say It’s Inappropriate (clutchmagonline.com)
- When Joking About Body Image, Where Do We Draw the Line? (collegecandy.com)
- Making fun of Morsi becomes riskier in Egypt (azzasedky.typepad.com)
- Laughter. The Best Medicine….unless you’re being laughed at….. (lifeinlisaland.com)