So much has changed in my lifetime but yet so little, Bullying which was quite rampant in my day, my mother and fathers day and the generations prior and it is still as rampant now. The only difference is now they have taken it to a whole new level and do it with modern technology. Cyber bullying is this generations way of shaming and degrading their peers. Nude photos, pornographic videos put on many different social networks including the giant FB. To prevent it we need to have to enforce the laws on the books so that the bullies realize there is a penalty for their actions, we need to change the attitude that boys will be boys and the idea someone else’s pain and sorrows is entertaining. The lack of respect for others and for themselves is one of the problems. The sad part the victim usually gets bashed and shamed for their mistake and the bully gets kudos. That is just plain wrong, If we teach our children to have respect for themselves and others this would help keep some of this down. There is so many reasons why bullying exists and not just one way to fix to problem. All we can do is to teach our children not to be hateful, disrespectful and how being a good person is truly the right way to be.
Parents, School officials, educators and the police should work together to find solutions to the problem, it is our children after all and regardless of which side our child is on we want better for our children and want them to be happy as well as safe at home and school.
Just some thoughts I had on a Monday.
- My Son and Bullies (hogewash.com)
- BULLYING CONCERNS: Dr. Gives Insights (whotv.com)
- ‘Cool’ kids in middle school bully more, psychologists report (sciencedaily.com)
- Research Shows Bullying Pays Off (davidyerle.com)
- ‘Cool’ kids in middle school bully more, UCLA psychologists report (esciencenews.com)
- 5 Steps for Handling a Workplace Bully (money.usnews.com)
- A Reaction to Lance/Oprah: Get After Bullies (jayjamison.com)
- Rascal Raccoon on Bullying (nightcaptv.com)
- When Educators are the Bullies – Part II (kadja1.com)
- KidsEmail.org Releases Cyberbullying eBook In Effort to Help Parents Protect Children from Online Bullying (prweb.com)
This entry was posted in family, Friends, Health and wellness, Random Thoughts, Thought of the day and tagged Aggression, Bullying, Child, Children and Young People, Middle school, society, Violence and Abuse, Youth.