I remember as a little girl….I was very impatient. I did not like to wait for anything! If I wanted to go somewhere, I wanted to go right then. If I wanted a certain toy, I wanted it right then. I remember feeling very disappointed, when I did not get what I wanted, when I wanted it. I could not understand why, I could not have what I wanted, when I wanted it.
As I began to get older, I started to understand why, I could not have things when i wanted them. Some times, it was due to lack of money to buy them, and sometimes it was because the things that I wanted, may have not been best for me to have at that time.
I learned,….that God has a way of making everything work together, and at the right time. He gives to us exactly what we need, when we need it the most. He sees and knows what we need, even before we realize what it is that we need. He also knows the precise time, to provide us with what we need. Whether it be a comforting word, or a loving touch, at the exact time that we need it. He sees, and knows.
So, through the many trials in this life,…i have learned to rely on the Lord, and to trust Him. He has always given to me, exactly what i needed, at the very second that i needed it. He has always been right on time. In God’s own time.
Cathy Ann Adams
- Truly Caring for Others! (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- How does God answer prayer? (rodiagnusdei.wordpress.com)
- Be Glad in the Lord Color Page… (karladornacher.typepad.com)
- How prayer moves God (dailymedit.wordpress.com)
- Time for pulling spiritual weeds (livingmoreabundantly.wordpress.com)
- Why Does God Allow Believers to Suffer? (tckm.wordpress.com)
- Why Read The Bible – Day 28 of 32-Listening Without Obedience (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- God of gods. (dennislh.wordpress.com)
- What a Loving God We Serve! (christcenteredteaching.wordpress.com)
- A Tale of Two Kings (shilohrestoration.org)
Fear, one of the greatest enemies to civilization and to our happiness is way too commonplace in the modern world. You would think with all the technology and advances in the sciences we would be a more secure and less fearful world. Fear is one of the devils favorite weapons because it creates doubt in god and his word. Though fear itself can not destroy the word of god it can make some to doubt it as well as create a lifetime of worry. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” ~ 2 Timothy 1:7 That verse sums it up, we should not give into fear for it is not the spirit that god gave us. We should surrender the fear to god and keep faith. For fear keeps one from having a sound mind and it saps their power by keeping doubt in the front of their mind. It can be a great obstacle to moving forward or doing the works god desires for you. Through fear you can become deceived, you can be led to believe you can not accomplish what either you or God has planned for you to do.
Remember the story of David and Goliath, All the grown soldiers were shaking in their boots and were surrendering to their fear and any of them would have failed to defeat Goliath. But David with his faith in god and with courage (not fear) was able to take on the giant Goliath and slay him. This proves fear in the end is both a weakening force and an obstruction to ones true potential. Face your fear with faith and give it to God, keep faith and go out and do gods will. And we should know that fear is not what God wants for his children…
- My faith and Your faith- part 2. (kingspeech.wordpress.com)
- A sound mind (walkingwithwomenintheword.wordpress.com)
- Have Faith in God (godisnear.wordpress.com)
- 52 Weeks 52 Verses: Giving into Fear (organicshoes.wordpress.com)
- Coping with fear (theangelzone.wordpress.com)
- Could It Be You? (walkingonwaterwithgrace.org)
- Whose Armour Do You Wear? (lbbfchurch.wordpress.com)
- Fear vs. Faith (yada2know.wordpress.com)