Once again convenience wins against a green idea, Sun chips had been packaged in a biodegradable plant plastic bag and now because a few consumers did not like the fact it was quite noisy (Very noisy) they are returning to their original petroleum based plastic bags. But another note is I have found Dasani Water bottles are made partially from plant based plastics and that is a move in the right direction by Dasani / Coca Cola. They still contain petroleum based plastics just 46% less than before and that is at least a step in the right direction.
If anyone knows of any other companies and/or products that use plant based plastic instead and along with petroleum based plastics please leave a comment on this blog and share the information with the rest of us.
Well enough about Plastics and Convenience .
Peace from Transient Reflections.
- Coca-Cola’s Green Bottle, One Year On (fastcompany.com)
- DASANI Celebrates New PlantBottle™ Packaging with Limited Edition Green Hats Designed by Do-It-Yourself Expert Erica Domesek (eon.businesswire.com)
- Message In A Bottle: Corporate Sustainability Is Pretty Weak Tea (fastcompany.com)
- Frito-Lay silences idea of most of its biodegradable snack bags (commercialappeal.com)
- Frito-Lay Trashes SunChips Bag After Biodegradable Packaging Criticized For Being Too Noisy (huffingtonpost.com)
- Frito-Lay Abandons Biodegradable SunChips Bags, Owing to Noise (greenpacks.org)
- Gwen Ruta: What Do iPhones, Coca-Cola and SunChips Have in Common? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Frito-Lay to pull most noisy SunChips bags (msnbc.msn.com)
- Natural bioplastic material could make cars biodegradable (reviews.cnet.com)
- Hush! Frito-Lay to Pull Most Noisy SunChips Bags (nytimes.com)