I have often pondered on if there is a God and he loves us then why does evil exist and suffering? The answer to each of those questions vary with whom you ask them. My thoughts are as follows, God allows evil to exist in order to allow us to enjoy the gift of freewill that he gave us. Thus the majority of the evil in this world if not all of it is solely our responsibility. Human beings are the source of evil here on earth as well as the source of goodness. If Evil exists here on earth it is due to our free choice to allow it to be a part of our lives. Unfortunately being such a large population it would be next to impossible to stamp out all evil in our society. The only way would to try and enlighten everyone and promote love, peace and understanding on a global scale. This is something I fear could never happen due to the people in power would reject and obstruct such a global movement. War one of the greater evils of mankind is the most profitable and is the thing most governments support as long as its not on their soil.
Far as suffering, it is no more than a side effect of the evil man creates. Greed and the lust for power fuels the leaders of our world either consciously or subconsciously. There may be many politicians and political leaders that are not evil by nature but fall to the wayside as a necessity to gain position or favor. So why does god allow all of this? Well its all the freewill thing, He gave us the reigns and only intercedes if asked or if necessary. Man must learn on his own that Sin, wickedness and evil are the enemy of life. Being a human myself, I face many faults within myself and fall to sin. The nature to be selfish and to be self satisfying seems to be a embedded part of human nature. To resist and to control it is a choice that one must make.
Well that’s my thoughts on the issue, right or wrong its here for all to see.
Peace and happiness to all
- The Problem of Suffering (smoodock45.wordpress.com)
- Suffering, Time and God’s Omniscience (smoodock45.wordpress.com)
- Philosophy Weekend: Does Evil Walk Among Us? (litkicks.com)
- Morality: ‘We can send religion to the scrap heap’ (newscientist.com)
- On evil (via countpierre) (hindiakoto.wordpress.com)
- Is the Irish Ruling Class Evil? (politics.ie)
- Walking by faith in Jesus Christ and under authority (fgbmfpenampangbaru.wordpress.com)
- The Myth of Good and Evil (socyberty.com)
- To Be or To Know (catholicanalysis.blogspot.com)