The Christmas Shopping Season is Officially Begun, Black Friday marks the beginning of the mass rush of consumers trying to get the best deals on products as gifts for Christmas. Giving gifts has been a part of Christmas for many of generations but it was meant to be just a part of Christmas not the main theme. The true meaning behind Christmas is the celebrating the birth of the messiah, the lord Jesus Christ. The day is meant to be an expression of our joy for his coming and the grace he brought to us through his life and sacrifice.
The meaning is still there just it has become more of a side show than the main attraction it should be. Give gifts in Joy and in thanks for our savior for without his grace we would all fall short of the glory of god.
Hope all of you have a wonderful Holiday season
- US shops hope for Black Friday success (bbc.co.uk)
- Shopping Frenzy: Black Friday Starts In US (news.sky.com)
- “Sony Black Friday 2010 Buying Guide (Updated 11/23)” and related posts (sonyinsider.com)
- “Black Friday is ON!!!” and related posts (riablahgs.com)
- Outrageous Advertising of Yore: 10 Gifts We Don’t Want to Buy on Black Friday (blisstree.com)
- Avoid Black Friday: 25 Online Gifts Under $25 (crushable.com)
- “Black Friday in France is not Black” and related posts (willows95988.typepad.com)
- ‘Black Friday’ shopper accused of gun threat (cnn.com)
- Black Friday: The World Tells You to Shop, We Ask You to Stop (inhabitat.com)