I have noticed that letting go is one of the hardest actions to perform, be it letting go of your mistakes in the past or the mistakes of others. I find it so much easier to forgive others than to forgive myself for the mistakes and poor choices made in the past. Seems I am harder on my own self than on those I know and care for. Don’t get me wrong I can be a butt head sometimes to others but in general I have the live and let live attitude. Even when I am able to forgive myself for the wrongs I had committed it still takes a long time for me to forget and let it go.
Though I know my mother wasn’t the first to coin the phrase let go and let God but she is the first one that told me that. Letting God take it all is easy only if I can let it all go, I know in God’s hands I am safe but still I find letting it go hard. Slowly but surely I am learning to turn over my fears, desires, doubts and the mistakes of my past to the will and love of God. As I do the past becomes just that and it is no longer having the influence it used to over my present. The grace of God is what helps me let go of the things I can’t seem to let go of and his love and mercy helps me get through this harsh world we all live in.
We all sin, we all fall short of the glory of God, But through his son Jesus we are granted a pardon for our sins and through such grace we are shown the magnitude of God’s love. Jesus tried to teach us to love one another, to share each others burdens and to avoid being judgmental. Compassion not only towards family and friends but even those we see as enemies. He tried to show us a more enlightened path as well as a more humane way of existence. He loved us and believed in our potential enough to die and save us from the sinful nature within us all. He set an example for us to follow both in his teachings and in how he lived his life.
May God bless you all and the Light of truth guide you on your life’s journey
- Thoughts on Forgiveness (onelifetimeblog.com)
- God is a power… (thehandmaid.wordpress.com)
- ISLAM vs. Christianity…..the grand debate! (thebeautifulsisterhood.wordpress.com)
- You Love. (singsomethingsoft.wordpress.com)
- Becoming a disciple: Letting Jesus be constantly on our lips. (hersandmine.wordpress.com)
- Oh I forgive you, but I’m still going to make you pay. (deanaohara.com)
- Grace (prayersonline.net)
- God is Love (bibletweets.wordpress.com)
- The Faith To Forgive (pastorht.wordpress.com)