Fear controls this world, fear of recession, fear of war, fear of famine, fear of Armageddon and fear of the unknown. Too much fear is pushed via the news and by even the politicians. We can not allow fear to be what leads us into the future or let it be what rules us in the present. For fear clouds our ability to make decisions and keeps us from fulfilling our potential both as individuals and a species. As a Politician once said there is nothing to fear but fear itself and I believe fear is a tool that many people in power use to try to control the populace. We must face the fear and put it in its place before it devours us and creates a world that is chaotic.
Fear has started many of wars, it has created mass hysteria such as the War of The Worlds episode done by Orson Wells. Fear is even a greater enemy to mankind than anger and or greed. Fear can destroy just one person as well as a whole society of it goes unchecked. The shame is most fear is created by either misinformation or the lack of understanding. Even though our modern society has become desensitized to many things both good and bad we still seem so ready to embrace fear. Though fear has its place it is seems to be running wildly through the world. Look how easy the stock market is effected by negative outlooks and reports.
This is not the time for fear but the time for hope and for coming up with solutions. We just need to learn to either control our fear or to put it behind us for the good of mankind. Fear is the enemy of progress and the stumbling block of humanity.
Well that’s my 2 cents worth.
Though I could be either wrong or right, I have no fear in expressing my thoughts.
- How To Overcome The Fear Of Public Speaking (linked2leadership.com)
- Nov. 13: “Fears of the 21st Century” (umanth104.wordpress.com)
- The Risk of Living Fully (joyofspa.com)
- Overcoming F.E.A.R. (timesunion.com)
- Fear~by rldubour (ourpoetrycorner.wordpress.com)
- It’s not the fear of failure… (mandythompson.com)
- Sept. 11, 2011: Hello, Fear… we are SO over! (michellesantos.wordpress.com)
- Fear – Friend or Foe (amyhansonbodywork.com)
- Anxiety Self Help: Experiencing Fear and Performing Anyway (psychologytoday.com)