Positive thinking, Visualization and many other techniques that are sold as pathways to the life you desire actually can work but usually don’t. It isn’t because those ideas are wrong, it mainly lies within the mind of the person trying to use them. There is no way any amount of positive thinking or visualization can work if your mind is full of constant negative or obstructive thoughts. We are programmed through out our lives with both positive and negative concepts which remain in our sub conscious mind until we label them untrue and mark them for deletion. some are so deep-rooted it is almost impossible to rid ourselves of them. We are what we believe and think that we are and we can not become anything but what we limit ourselves to be. We also have some ability to effect those around us through our negative or positive thoughts though it is a very limited effect.
To bring positivity to your life you must put positivity out into the world around you and limit the negative thoughts and emotions within. Beside the effect your negativity has on others it has a great effect upon your health and your ability to function in life. Being it is almost impossible to be completely free of negativity you at least want to keep a balance between both positive and negative (1:1 ratio). If you can keep the balance right then positive thinking, visualization and other techniques will work and bring good results. The bottom line is that all good and bad in your life starts from within yourself. No one but you are responsible for the happiness or negative feelings in your life. Yes others may do you wrong, hurt you and even cause problems in your life but it is you that chooses to allow it to control your state of mind. You are the one that chooses in what way you react to such situations and how long it will effect your life.
Forgiveness is one of the greatest tools in ridding yourself of unwanted negative emotional baggage. Forgive those who have done you wrong so you can let go of the pain that is associated with the memory. Forgiveness does far more for the one who gives it than the one that receives it in the end. Far as hatred or not liking an individual because of some trait or behavior that bothers you, you must realize sometimes that trait or behavior is one you also dislike in yourself. Try to be understanding and realize you are also an imperfect being that displays traits and behaviors‘ that some one may not like in turn. This makes it a bit easier to accept the faults in others because you can see how you also have faults within your own character.
I may not always be right, but I am always seeking the right answers.
- Positive Thinking and Beliefs by Michael Linn (safeharbor1.wordpress.com)
- Love thyself, be yourself and be true to yourself. (transientreflections.com)
- Ten Tips to Increase Happiness and Build Confidence (balanceandpowerblog.com)
- Ending Our Obsession with Positive Thinking (craigprice.therealistsguide.com)
- Positive Thinking – Optimism – And Mental Toughness (coachdeanhebert.wordpress.com)
- The Power of Positive Thinking (zazenlife.com)
- 3 Positive Thinking Tips To Help You Have More Positive Productive Days (realgoalgetter.com)
- What Frank Herbert’s Dune Can Teach Us About the Power of Positive Thinking [Dune] (io9.com)
- Why am I unsuccessful? (yatinmahant.com)
- Shifting with Positive Thinking (beyondtheshifts.wordpress.com)