Have you ever looked at someone who was not dressed too well, and made a judgment about them? I think that we all have at one time or another. We see things that do not seem very pleasant to us, or what we deem unacceptable, and we have judged. It is a shame unto us, that we do this! One thing that might help us to think differently about judging people by their looks, or their circumstances, is to consider that we might just be judging angels, that the Lord, has sent as a test for us. We should remember to be kind to all that we meet, and treat them with hospitality. We should also remember, that it is one of the Ten Commandments to, Do Unto Other’s, As We Would Have Them Do Unto Us. To treat others, as we want to be treated ourselves.
We would want to be treated with love, kindness, and respect,…. regardless of our circumstances, or our appearance. We never know……we may be entertaining angels, unaware!!
Cathy Ann Adams
- The Irrelevant Wisdom of the Ten Commandments (crossexaminedblog.com)
- God’s Will: Ten Commandments for Every Day (geoffsurratt.com)
- Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged! (learnthefaith.wordpress.com)
- Beggars, guilt, and collars (juliehoplamazian.typepad.com)
- Should you give to beggars? (christianpf.com)
- Ezio: The Philantropist (hautegamer.wordpress.com)
- What’s inside of you (dimindsion.com)
- I Fell Inlove With A Beggar (matokkifanfiction.wordpress.com)
- Nobody apologises to beggars (nation.com.pk)