When you see a sister or brother in need do you walk on by? If anything you should at least acknowledge the person in need and pray for them. Personally I prefer to buy them food than to hand them money in hopes they will at least eat one good meal in a day. Some of them are alcoholics or addicts and they can not help themselves for they are slaves to their addictions. They will spend their money on their addictions and neglect the needs of their body. Many of them were hard-working people who came from all walks of life that unfortunately lost everything. We shouldn’t assume that every person who is homeless or in need are lazy or addicts. Even if all of them were, we are supposed to take care of our brothers and sisters. Jesus taught us compassion and the good book teaches us that charity is a quality we should embrace. The majority of this worlds religions teach of compassion and charity as qualities that we should embrace.
True compassion and charity are universal and global in nature, they have no limitations or discriminations. We are to love each other and take care of one another for we all are brothers and sisters in life. One day we may find it is me or you that may be in need and hopefully someone will have compassion upon us when that time comes.
You attract that which you project, how you interact with others and with this world is but a magnet for those who act the same. You attract those who are like you, so be the best person you can be.
- We need to reignite that fire of compassion and charity within our hearts. (transientreflections.com)
- A little compassion goes a long way (inmyanguish.wordpress.com)
- Re-Defining Compassion To Create Happiness (markgeoffreykirshner.com)
- You do not attract what you want; you attract what you are. So make compassion be what you are. (positive-thoughts.typepad.com)
- Ian Somerhalder puts himself on the auction block for charity (popwatch.ew.com)
- Self Compassion: The act of having compassion on ones self. (transientreflections.com)
- A kindhearted, compassionate and understanding person. (barbierfamilly.com)
- Pass the Compassion…Please! (youreneverstuck.wordpress.com)
- Compassion (5wise.wordpress.com)
- 5 Strategies for Self-Compassion (psychcentral.com)