Sometimes people get so wrapped up in fearing death they never get to live, they kill their spirit with fear of what is inevitable and unchangeable. Death is a part of the life cycle and until medicine or modern science finds a way to cheat death it’s a reality we all must accept. To live in fear of death is to not live at all, it is only existing and surviving. Life is something we shouldn’t take for granted nor put aside in fear of death. Afterlife or not, death is not the end of our existence in the universe, we will still be a part of everything material wise and we will live on in the hearts and minds of those we had touched in life.
Let go of the past, live in the here and now and let the future take care of itself. Do not let the fact of death distract you from the gift of life.God gave us power, hope and a sound mind and we must realize that fear is the enemy of happiness, faith and hope. Be happy each morning you wake, be happy in the day you live through and give thanks each day for the gift of life.
This time is for living not dying nor worrying. Have faith and live life in that faith and not in fear.
- Mondays on Moltmann (On the Fear of Death) (diglotting.com)
- We have the power to choose our path in life (transientreflections.com)
- Be thankful for your blessings and gifts (transientreflections.com)
- The Fear of Death and the Pursuit of Immortality (waxpodcast.wordpress.com)
- Be a Force for Good (transientreflections.com)
- What are you really afraid of? An answer from the Bible (adw.org)
- Deng Ming-Dao on Happiness (ministryofhappiness.wordpress.com)
- Terry Pratchett: I have no fear of death (thesun.co.uk)
- Fear of death… a reason to live! (respirandorosa.wordpress.com)