Seems nowadays most people are so set on building their financial futures and working away all their days for some golden dream of financial security. Money and material possessions seem to be the main focus of a good portion of people and they seem to overlook the true riches they either deny themselves or take for granted till they are laid to waste. To provide for your family is must, but to be more concerned with material possessions than the happiness and wellbeing of others is not a good path to follow. We put aside the compassion, love and fellowship we need and deserve for the glitter and sparkle of wealth and possessions.
If we allow money and/or possessions to be our master then we are dividing our attention, devotion and love between wealth and God. If we serve God and allow him to be our master then financial security will not be a problem and our family will be our first priority after God. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? So that which you need he shall provide, he will make sure that you have food, clothes a place stay and even financial security. Have faith in the father, in his promises and in the salvation we have been given through his son Jesus. Give yourself up to his will and there will be nothing you will need or want for. There will be times you will be in doubt because you will come close to being without that which you need but keep faith and God shall provide a way to have which you need.
I know there will be many of you who will say “well why then are there starving people across the globe and homeless everywhere you look?” well that is the will of man and the doings of humanity, between our lack of faith in God and our lack of compassion for each other we have these things. God want us to help each other, be without greed and not have a cold heart. We have enough food, wealth and ability to have enough homes for all the people in our world if we chose to share and build for our brothers and sisters. Because of the greed of some governments there is a lot of starvation and homelessness on our planet. I am not saying we all are a part of the problem but I am saying we all can be a part of the solution. To be a Christian is not only going to church, paying tithes and going home, it is being active in our community and our world. We are supposed to be extensions of God’s will not just people under a steeple.
There is suffering in our world due to the sinful nature of humanity, we can have less suffering in this world if we act upon God’s will and put aside our selfish and sinful nature. Since God gave humanity freewill he gave us the choice to give in to our sinful nature or to surrender to his will. The more of us that surrender to God’s will and do his bidding the less suffering will be in this world.
Be at peace with one another, be kind to each other, show compassion to all living creates and pray that you will do the will of God.
- Earthly Possessions (butchdean.wordpress.com)
- Living the Surrendered Life (Day 21) (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Good Morning God the Father, Good Morning Jesus, Good Morning Holy Spirit (womenbrokenwomenwholefellowship.wordpress.com)
- Rising into the heavenlies – Smith Wigglesworth (alookintomymind.wordpress.com)
- The value of thoughts and emotions (treeofelijah.com)
- “Some of the seed fell on the road; it was tramped down and the birds ate it.” ~~Jesus (mww1954.wordpress.com)
- Living the Surrendered Life (Day 20) (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Dear Homeless Jesus Freak (randomletterstotheworld.wordpress.com)
- God’s Kind Of Faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lord, I Need An Upgrade! (practicinghispresenceministries.wordpress.com)
- The God of Second Chances (beingrebekah.com)
- The Wonderful Danger of Honest Prayer (cardboardmagazine.wordpress.com)
- Serving God Establishes Our Faith (kimberlymcpherson.wordpress.com)
- Knowing Love (ising4god.com)
- God’s Great Love! (aviesplace.wordpress.com)
- Free to be Prosperous (ptl2010.com)
- Sermon: Commit Your Soul to a Faithful Creator, First Peter 4.17 – 19 (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
- God Does Provide! — A Lectionary Reflection (bobcornwall.com)